‘There is nothing more hyggelig, it seems, than sharing a meal with those you love’, Charlotte Abrahams.
Next in our series of ‘Spaces we Love’ is one of our favourite local lunch spots, Zest Coffee + Kitchen. Situated in a stunning sandstone brick building in a trendy Nicosia neighbourhood, this friendly, all woman run establishment serves some of the best food in town, made with seasonal local ingredients, which is beautifully displayed in a minimal chic environment.
What we love about this space?
- the simplicity, clean lines and minimal design
- the minimal colour scheme of mainly white and wood, with accents of black.
- the long white marble counter top which beautifully accentuates the colours of the food on display
- the lovely main entrance wooden door handle, comforting with its signs of wear and age, that invites you into the space
- the beautiful metal coat hooks
- the thoughtful daily fresh flowers or plants on each table that add pops of colour to the space
- the small seasonal details; the pumpkin in the window, the jar of fresh hand picked lemons, or the huge stunning wreath that changes with the seasons
- the hyggelig hand written labels and menu
- the friendly relaxed atmosphere - here friends feel like they are at home, strolling in well before the ‘official’ opening hours, helping themselves behind the counter or sharing a laugh together
This is a place where both the food and the interior have been designed and prepared with love, care and attention to detail. Thanks to its beautiful design, warm homey environment and great flavourful food, Zest is the perfect spot to hygge. We recommend coming here on a Saturday morning to experience the hygge at its best.
Our favourite part (apart from the delicious food and mouth-watering cakes)? The carrara marble counter top.
Visit Zest Coffee + Kitchen: Vasilissis Freiderikis 13, 1066 Nicosia, Cyprus